My 2012 Gratitude Challenge Day 2




My beautiful friend, Heidi, posted a great picture on her Facebook page yesterday.  It is a picture of them doing what they L.O.V.E. - spending time at Disney.  In this picture are she, her husband and their 3 lovely children.   Two of their children are adopted.  On her banner/picture she reminds everyone that November is National Adoption Month.  Forever Family!


Me, my Mom & my Daddy
circa.  1985-86ish

I am a child of adoption.  And, for that, I am so very thankful.  Many times I don’t even recognize it as a part of my life because I was adopted by parents who loved me and cared for me.  I have always known no other people as my parents.  My mom and dad birthed me in their hearts.  They were there for me when sickness tried to consume me with Strep and they had to rush me to the hospital for the terribly painful [one in each ‘cheek’] penicillin shots.  They were there for me at the many softball games and karate tournaments.  They were there to hold me when I didn’t make the cheerleading team or a boy broke my heart.  When I blew it, they fussed at me, loved me and got me back on the straight-and-narrow.

Mom and my girl
This was her ‘card’ on Mothers Day

My Daddy passed away, 22 years ago now.  I miss him.  I still have my wonderful mother who is still there for me, not matter what time of day or night.  I am so thankful.  

Today, I am thankful for the Forever Family God chose for me to love.  Thank you, Mom

From My Heart to Yours,
Mindy B.
Revelation 12:11

Don’t think you can do all 30 days?  Not to worry.  Just write as the Lord leads you.  Some days will be harder, but sharing with the world how thankful you are for this life God has given you is a Testimony we all like to read about.  Don’t have a blog?  Join Brenda on her Facebook page too, to share your gratitude https://www.facebook.com/myhomeschoolgarden 


Here’s a Tip:  To get you motivated, go ahead and open 7 days worth of pages [wherever you write your posts] and save them as Gratitude Challenge Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7. Then you can schedule what you have started, on your blog. I think you will find that you will be inspired to keep writing when you start your week with having the page already started.  Try it and see what happens! That’s how I’’m working it. Hehe!

Comments

  1. What a beautiful post! I'm so glad you were adopted and I'm so glad you are my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heidi. I am so blessed to have you as my friend. Oh the wonderful things God has done for us this year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

bless me with your heart!

Popular Posts