My 2012 Gratitude Challenge Day 1




I am using an acrostic to get the ball rolling on a month long challenge to Gratitude with Brenda at Garden of Learning

I Am Thankful

I :: I AM, the Great I AM.  Without Him I am nothing.

A :: Agape... love that is.  I have known this undeserving, forgiving, overwhelming love that makes me feel valued, important.  What a blessing.

M :: Motherhood.  I was selfish and blind.  Then motherhood wrecked my world and now I can see.  I understand in a greater way the Love God has for me, even when I mess it all up.  My children have been a part of God’s perfect plan to mold me, shape me into a stronger, more loving creature.  I have learned the true meaning of forgiveness, trust, and seeing others through the eyes of Christ in Motherhood.  

T :: The Tests that brings the Testimony.  These tests have made me stronger.  These tests have wrenched my heart.  These tests have helped me to know God as a loving God that carries me through, especially when I want to run and hide.  I wouldn’t be me had the tests not come.

H :: Hallelujah.  This word evokes so much inside of me.   
pastedGraphic.pdfMy year has been full of this… powerful exclamations of worship and praise for all that the Lord is doing in our lives. Oh, the new things God has done this year.   Somedays there are no words to describe the thankfulness that is stirring on the inside of me. My only response can be PRAISE THE LORD!  HALLELUJAH!

A :: Amen.  That powerful word of agreement.  So Be It! literally.  I have had the honor, the privilege, to pray for many hurting women, children, and families this year.  Things have not always turned out how we thought, but our prayers were heard.  God always knows what He is doing and we Trust Him, not matter what!

N :: Nutella.  [What?]  I know you must be thinking, “What in the world?”.  Yep, I said Nutella.  It has been a running joke in our home how many people have been raving about Nutella.  I am 42 years old and I have never tasted Nutella, until this summer.  I didn’t love it as much as my family. Let’s just put it this way, I can’t keep it in the house because I live amongst thieves, Nutella thieves.  It is one of those treats like Nestle Toll House cookies, they only happen every now and then because we can’t seem to control ourselves.  

K :: Kindness.  The kindness of others and the gift of sharing kindness.  There is freedom in kindness.

F :: Faithful Friends.  The force of Faithful friends.  Old friends.  New friends.  People I know who are there for me, day or night, come heck or high water.  They are faithful.

U :: Understanding.  I have the most wonderful husband in the world.  The last year has been challenging with me.  My health has not been it’s best and my husband has been most understanding.  My man has the patience of Job with me somedays. 

L :: Love. It conquers all fears, heals broken hearts and restores fallen relationships, making us whole again.   I thank God for the Love that is overflowing in my life.  I don’t deserve it, but, He pours it into my life anyway.

I am so thankful you took the time to read my heart of gratitude.  Be blessed. 

Now, Won’t you join us on our 30 day journey of giving God thanks for all the blessings He pours into our lives.  I am looking at the ordinary and considering it extraordinary!

From My Heart to Yours,
Mindy B.
Revelation 12:11

Head on over to see Brenda at Garden of Learning so that you can join us in showing Gratitude today. 

Don’t think you can do all 30 days?  Not to worry.  Just write as the Lord leads you.  Some days will be harder, but sharing with the world how thankful you are for this life God has given you is a Testimony we all like to read about.  Don’t have a blog?  Join Brenda on her Facebook page too, to share your gratitude https://www.facebook.com/myhomeschoolgarden 

Here’s a Tip:  To get you motivated, go ahead and open 7 days worth of pages [wherever you write your posts] and save them as Gratitude Challenge Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7. Then you can schedule what you have started, on your blog. I think you will find that you will be inspired to keep writing when you start your week with having the page already started.  Try it and see what happens! That’s how I’’m working it. Hehe!

Comments

  1. What a wonderful way to start off the Gratitude Challenge. I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FUN way to do a post on gratitude! I love it! Thanks for linking up today! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

bless me with your heart!

Popular Posts