Season of Thankfulness Day 4



1 Thessalonians 5:18

Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will].

Revealer [ri-veel-r] 
one who makes known; discloses; divulges; reveals a secret; lays open to view.
 
Mediator me·di·a·tor [ meedee àytər ]

somebody helping end dispute: somebody who works with both sides in a dispute in an attempt to help them to reach an agreement; go-between; intercessor.

This scripture says it all!  No matter what the circumstances may be I THANK GOD!  I say that and yet I struggle to always live it or even say it.  There have been horrific things I have had to deal with or watch the people I love deal with and sadly I did not thank God. I did my best to trust Him and lean on Him.  But I never thanked Him.  I know in the end those events made me stronger and I didn't turn my back on God, but I did question Him repeatedly. 

So today I am thankful:

That I am in Christ Jesus who is my revealer of secrets, laying open to view the unknown and my Mediator who goes between me and the enemy, interceding for me day and night. 

I am thankful that I have a God who does know what is best for me and that I can trust Him even when the pressures of this world weigh down upon my shoulders.  I can give it to Him.  I don't have to try to understand it.  I just have to TRUST.  The perfectionist in me says, "This can't wait until morning.", "I can't right now, I have to finish this.", "If I don't figure out ...". 

But God says Trust Me.

Jesus, as my Revealer, revealed this to me today,

"Is your life a little tangled and you wish you could unravel some of the messes you have made? GO to Jesus – he is the Wonderful Counselor. DO what his word says and TRUST Him – and watch his word guide you through your darkest hours."




You can visit Good Morning Girls today and read the remainder of this wonderful, encouraging blog by Courtney "I Have a Wonderful Counselor".  It is one of the things I am thankful for today. 

Last, I am thankful for new devotionals.  (Thank you God and Jentezen Franklin Ministries for this free gift)

From My Heart to Yours,

Comment below or link up to share what the Lord has do to make you thankful today!


Comments

Popular Posts