Praying the Word of God


For years our family has prayed Psalm 91 for protection and safety over our daily lives. We have waned recently in our busy lives from this practice. So while in devotions this week the Lord reminded me that if I am going to know Him and know His word I don't need to just memorize His Word, I need to speak His word, with power. I apply scripture to my circumstance, I remember it.


Let me show you what I mean.

Prayer of Psalm 91 ( you can pray it in the first person as it is written or for your whole family replacing I with We - my with our)

HE WHO dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty Whose power no foe can withstand.
I [we] will say of the Lord, He is my [our] Refuge and my [our] Fortress, my [our] God; on Him I [we] lean and rely, and in Him I [we]confidently trust!
For then He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.
Then He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings shall you trust and find refuge; His truth and His faithfulness are a shield and a buckler.

And so on until the end of Psalm 91.

As I continue to do daily devotions he has encouraged me to pray the Book of Ephesians in this same manner. I am seeing just who He really is, more and more each day. He truly is my deliverer, my fortress, my shield, my peace, my rest.

My attitude is changing. Slowly, but it is changing.  The more I read and speak the Word with power I know He has a better plan than I can ever dream up. I may take two steps forward and one step back, but I am still moving forward.

From My Heart to Yours,


Comments

  1. Thank you so much Mindy for joining me at Good Morning Girls for the Wednesday link up! I love what you said about praying God's Word and how your attitude is changing! God's Word is sooo powerful!!! Keep moving forward with God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too notice my attitude changes with speding time in the word. I am horrible at memorizing but the more I read the more I am able to apply it. Amazing LORD. I tagged you in my post for fun http://emptymelord.blogspot.com/2010/10/tag-you-it-i-want-to-know.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad I popped by yours as well! I appreciated your post. I've recently been reminded of the very real power of prayer. Blessings!

    I'm following you on Google now.

    April

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

bless me with your heart!

Popular Posts