The Only Thing I Know

Friday, December 14th, happened.  I found myself not watching the news, at all, after finding out about it.  I read only limited news articles.  My emotions could not take it.  There was something intense, raw, protective going on on the inside of me.  I just could not watch.  

“Lord, my baby is their age.”

All I could do was PRAY for the mommies and daddy's that would not wake up to the joy, the chaos, the snuggles, the bickering.... of their precious little children.  

"Lord, how will they bare this? How will they keep breathing, keep living?"

I pray.  It's all I can do.  I can't empathize.  I have NO IDEA what they are going through and I never will.  I will also never know what it is like to be the parent of a child, so driven by the enemy of our souls, to do something so horrific.  

I allow myself to feel, just an inkling.  It’s so hard for me somehow, because all I can remember are the days following 9/11 and the emotions of watching the constant news feeds, praying that one more life was saved under that rubble.  Finally, after 2 weeks I had to turn the TV off.  I was falling into depression. Great anguish was overtaking me. 

A scene from that night, predestined from the foundation of the world, in the garden, plays over and over in my head.  Jesus was there, in the garden.  Anguish overtook Him. He Knew what atrocities were to come.  He KNEW them with every fiber of His being.  

“And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was 
falling to the ground.”
~Luke 22:44

"He began to be deeply distressed and troubled" 
~Mark 14:33

“Abba, Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.” 
~Matthew 26: 36

“My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.” 
~Matthew 26:38"  


"This is the suffering you knew, Jesus.  I know, in that garden, you must have known this evil.  You must have felt THIS death in your body.  You knew what you had to do to save this world.  You knew all of the horror Satan was going to unleash.  How did you bare it?  How did you not die, then and there.  'Sweat like blood.  Sweat like Blood."  

December 14th, Newtown, CT, happened.  I can do nothing about it and the fixer in me wants to fix this.  I read Ann Voskamp’s blog and I am moved and she speaks the truth...

“There is no darkness so deep, that God’s arms are not deeper still, that we cannot raise our arms in highest praise...What if suffering isn’t a problem to solve, but a mystery to live? ‘the reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.’ 1 John 3:8
They can think of an infinite number of reasons why this man-child would create such bloodshed.  Mental illness.  Special needs. Autism. Aspergers. Godlessness...  and this list goes on and on and on and on.  The simple fact is we know only one thing to be true.  Jesus is life - He gave His life - that we may have life, eternal, because the THIEF, Satan, comes ONLY to STEAL and KILL and DESTROY!  But!
I, JESUS, have come that they may have 
ZOE 
Life!
and have it to the full.
I can’t explain anything.  I can’t fix anything.  I simply pray and I simply trust.  That is all I can do.  That is the only thing I know to do.

Pray!



Jesus. 

He is our Protection! 

Believe Psalm 91! 

Pray Protection over every school you pass!

From My Heart to Yours,
Mindy Brasher
Revelation 12:11

Comments

Popular Posts