five minute friday: Real


The Gypsy Mama says: When last did you write for fun?
Not to impress anyone, not for blog hits or comments or Pinterest pins?
When last did you just write?
On Fridays over here a group of people who love to go all out buck wild for the fun of the written word gather to share what five minutes buys them. Just five minutes. Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on: 
Here I go....
REAL...
When the mask comes off and the emotions run free.  When you are able to be you and I am able to be me.  It's Real.  When I stand in the bathroom at church and cry my heart out to my friend telling her "I don't know why I feel such disappointment."  It's Real.
My father and mother loved me as their own.  Their love was Real.
I met my Jesus, in the midst of a sinful teenage life, in a small chapel in Assissi, Italy.  The Porziuncola.  Darkness prevailed with candlelights illuminating the small space where Jesus captured my heart.  I cried out for forgiveness and received.  That was Real. Probably the most Real thing I had ever experienced in my life up until that point, EVER!

My husband walked into a room and I knew I would love him as my husband forever.  21 years later I never doubted the Holy Spirt speaking to my heart that Valentine's night and I never will.  Real love.
Each child, born, nursed, loved with a love that brought frailty, emotions, fear, love so passionate out of me, some days I thought I could not breathe.  And some say the labor pains end once the child is born.  13 years and 3 children later the Love and the Labor pains are Real. And I wouldn't change a thing.  
Life is Real.  But God is more.
From My Hear to Yours,

Revelation 12:11


Comments

  1. beautifully written! I couldn't agree more with the continued labor pains. 12 years and 3 kids later...I think it was easier then. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, Mindy. Reading your entry is a nice reminder for myself to remember the GOOD Reals instead of dwelling on the BAD Reals in my life right now. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Casey and Tonya. I agree with you both! I appreciate you reading today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

bless me with your heart!

Popular Posts