five minute friday : Identity


::five minute friday :: 
throwing caution to the wind 
a feast of words pouring forth from heart, mind, soul 
Just five minutes. Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
Join Me!
The Gypsy Mama says...

Your words. This shared feast.

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here thegypsymama and invite others to join in.

3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.
OK, are you ready? Facebook chimed in last night and overwhelmingly voted for a prompt either about mothers or Mother’s Day. This was one of the suggestions and I love that it can apply to any and all, mother or not. So please give me your best five minutes on:
::
Identity…
Adopted. Only Child.  Spoiled rotten.  Tom-boy. Daddy's girl.
The child who, maybe ADD, couldn't think any further than the next moment. 
These defined who I was.
So I thought.
Selfish and frustrated. 
An average student in school.  Never felt good enough.  
I was a natural athlete.  I loved softball and karate.  
All-stars and brown belt defined Me.
Who knew the plans He had for me?
For He foreordained us (destined us, planned in love for us) to be adopted as His own children through Jesus Christin accordance with the purpose of His will [ because it pleased Him and was His kind intent]—Ephesians 1:5
I Met Jesus.  Then Met the Love of my life.
I Worked in retail and drove 'the cool car'.
My friends hated me for a while.  But as designated driver the hate turned to love.
That was me, who I was to them.
My Daddy got cancer and died. Suddenly.  So I thought.
Remember that thoughtless little girl, she was oblivious and should have known.
Suddenly I was the young girl, in college, with no daddy. Mom and I switched roles.
But HE knew ...
In [this] freedom Christ has made us free [and completely liberated us]; stand fast then, and do not be hampered and held ensnared and submit again to a yoke of slavery [which you have once put off]. -Galatians 5:1 
Married at 21. Mother at 28, 31, and 35.
Bible study leader and prayer warrior.
Then I became a homeschool mom and the microscope got stronger.
Battling my own insecurities, I thought I finally found me.
Wife, Mother, Pray[er]. Teacher.
This is who I was.
Then.  One day. I found the truth...



For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].-Ephesians 2:10
It only took me 40 years.  As my pastor said just this morning, 40 years is the number of preparation.  I told you He KNEW.
From My Heart to Yours,
Revelation 12:11

Comments

Popular Posts