Calm...



Today, I am getting to practice more patience as I parent a growing teen, pre-teen and kindergartner.  No stage in the life with a child is without it's drama.  In a house full of five, yes count them 5 [mom and dad included] passionate strong-spirited people, there tends to be some explosive moments.  We are all learning to stay calm in the midst of life's storm.

As a MOB mom ~ mom of boys ~ practicing patience without a little passion behind it can be hard.  I have days where I just need everyone to do what they are told and not argue or question.  The spoiled child in me is stomping her foot saying, "Can we ALL just get along? Ugh!"  

In the end, I am the adult and I don't have the luxury of having a 2 year-old fit and demand my way [as much as my inner child would so love to do]  I must breathe, see through the eyes of compassion and instruct, giving my children the tools they need to overcome the anxious feelings that bombard them. Are they really being defiant or are they crying for help in how to just deal! They are still in Training!  That's the key to compassion - STILL in training not completely trained. 

My children can't learn self-control if I don't model it for them.  It is my job to teach them diligence in having an enduring spirit.  Not every act of misbehaving is an act of defiance.  It very well could be a cry for help, "Help me mom to learn to stay CALM!"



A hot-tempered person stirs up conflict, 
but the one who is patient calms a quarrel. 
~Proverbs 15:18

Father, Help me be the model of CALM to my children desire to emulate.  Give me the strength to and discernment to know when they crying for help. In Jesus Name, Amen

From My Heart to Yours,
Mindy B.
Revelation 12:11

Comments

Popular Posts