The Pressure is On


The enemy of our souls, our faith, our lives, Satan, is putting the pressure on.  His lies are manifesting in greater proportions, tempting us to have Faith in him and No faith in our God.  The Bible is very clear - Satan is both a deceiver and a liar and the truth is not in him.  (2 Thessalonians 2:9,10; Revelation 12:9; John 8:44) There are days when I feel like I am drowning in the pressures of lies I believe about motherhood and marriage.  I cave under the struggles of strife, pride, anger, selfishness in me and my family.  I wonder why God decided I was the best choice for the job to nurture these children and be a helpmeet to my husband. 

There are days when ugliness from my heart perpetuates such a spirit in my home.  My impatience.  My fear of feeling out of control.  They sense it.  They know it is in me and they React.  Not respond, Re-act!  I try to control it.  Why do I pridefully think that I can control their hearts when My Lord is the God of their hearts?

I cry out to Him to save me. Save us.  I wait.....

He gently reminds me "My Grace is sufficient; My Strength is made perfect in weakness".  .-2 Corinthians 12:9

G R A C E

What is Grace from God?

Unmerited favor
God's willingness to use His power and His ability in my behalf [your behalf],
even though I don't deserve it. 
God becomes personally involved when we ACTIVELY seek His help.

How do we actively seek His help?
"Submit yourselves therefore to God.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." -James 4:7

James did not tell us that the devil would flee from God but First,

I must submit myself to God and His ways
LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE/LONGSUFFERING, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS AND SELF CONTROL

Then

I resist the devil and his ways
Hate, Unhappiness, Warring, Impatience, Frustration, Strife, Pride, Irritation, Mean Spiritedness, Ugliness, Doubt, Anger, and so many, many more.

I can't control anything.  God is in Control!  When I realize that I am weak and that I can't do it within myself, then God's strength is made perfect.  I have to depend on His Grace.  The power isn't in my natural ability to get rid of the 'thorns', the buffet's from Satan.  I MUST depend on the Holy Spirit's power and anointing for direction in the spirit. 

I must lean on the Word of God and trust the Lord to bring His promises to pass.

"I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ - I give myself up to Him, I take myself out of my own keeping and I will be saved, and this applies bot to me and my household as well." -Acts 16:31

"For with God nothing is EVER impossible and no word from God shall be without power or impossible of fulfillment." - Luke 1:37

"May my children Submit themselves therefore to God. May they Resist the devil, and he will flee from them." -James 4:7


As Brother Steve Robinson so wisely spoke over our congregation this morning coming from Exodus 14:13-15...


  • FEAR NOT


  • STAND STILL [FIRM, CONFIDENT, UNDISMAYED]
see the salvation of the Lord which He will work for you today.


The Lord will Fight for you
  • HOLD YOUR PEACE
and remain at rest.
  • GO FORWARD!


In Christ Alone,
Mindy B.



Comments

Popular Posts