Monday's Muse


In my effort to be productive today (i.e. work on the children's school lesson plans for the up coming year) I find myself wanting to play with my children as they play with new gifts, conclude a 'discussion' my mom and I had about a certain word, encourage my husband and daydream way too much.  This has, therefore, inspired a new post to hone my focus and bring some simplicity to my day.

I love simplicity...


FOR TODAY


Outside my window... A gorgeous blue sky with white fluffy clouds while a breeze blows through my giant Oak tree.

I am thinking... How am I going to get it all done.

I am thankful for... A loving, faithful, steady husband and children that were happy to see me home from a trip this morning.  Oh the hugs I got!

From the learning rooms...I am daily being inspired to be at rest, content, and welcome joy into my life from Ms. Lorrie Flem.

From the kitchen... Baked Ziti with Chicken meatballs.

I am wearing... My snugglies. That's pajamas at my home.

I am creating... A notebook for organizing all of the children's Webkinz certificates and cards. (binder and sheet protectors)

I am going... To accomplish one item of scheduling for our new homeschool year, TODAY!!

I am reading... "Pride and Prejudice", by Jane Austen, slowly and methodically.

I am hoping... well, more praying and believing for my aunt's surgery to make her Whole in Jesus Name and then for her to move here to our town.

I am hearing... Some real funky Wii music, my boys banging, stomping and jumping and my girl slurping her apple juice out of a measuring spoon. (don't ask, because I don't know, I'm just going with the flow here)

Around the house... I need to clean up the aftermath of the no air-conditioning fiasco.  No more camping out downstairs.
One of my favorite things... an open window over the sink while I cook and do dishes.  It reminds me of my grandmother. I miss her.

A few plans for the rest of the week: scouts, karate, pool birthday party and plan, plan, plan.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

From my heart to yours,

Comments

  1. Thanks for following my blog! I love the look of your blog~ I like Jane Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following my daughter's blog!
    I just have to tell you your blog is sooo pretty, and my daughter and I sat listening to the powerful words to Love is Not a Fight. Great words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the TOS crew. You have a beautiful blog and I am a big fan of Austen as well.

    I need to check out the Simple Woman's Daybook...I've been seeing it on many blogs lately and I have no clue what it is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

bless me with your heart!

Popular Posts