As Promised...

... from my "Travel Kit's" review, I am posting pictures of my
'Blessings Box(es)' that I put together today for my two aunts. 

bless·ings [ bléssings ]
–noun

The acts or words of a person who blesses; a special favor, mercy, or benefit; a favor or gift bestowed by God, thereby bringing happiness; the invoking of God's favor upon a person; praise; devotion; worship. 
 
The first Blessing I prepared was for my aunt who recently lost her husband. 
 

In a beautiful black and white damask box, I included Lavendar bath salts to soak the stress away.

Wonderful smelling "TwentyFourSeven Glam" candles.
(I put the candles back in their cute leopard print boxes but didn't get a picture-oh well)


New Indian River Ruby nail polish and cheery Currant red lipstick.

An uplifting book from Joyce Meyer "Peace".

Finally, Thank-you notes to thank all of those who supported her during her difficult time.



I also made a Blessing for my other aunt who is having foot surgery this week. 

A Restauracion Regalo*!
(*That's Spanish for Restoration Gift)


To a lovely fern tray I found on sale at Target I added
Fannie Flag's A Redbird Christmas to read as she keeps those tootsies all propped up. 

~You'll remember I reviewed this sweet little book on my blog post



A refreshing Cucumber and Mint candle.

Hot Chocolate Sugar Scrub to rejuvenate her skin when she is well enough to pamper herself.

Powdered magnesium (in the teal paper) to assist her in rest, relaxtion and restoration.
(I am an avid believer in using all of the natural "blessings" God has given us to make us whole)

Last, I added beautiful floral Thank you notes and blank notes so that she can touch those in her life that love her so much.

[But] I would strengthen and encourage you with [the words of] my mouth,
and the consolation of my lips would soothe your suffering. -Job 16:5

To each one of these I will add handwritten notes of Scripture and encourgaement for them to read now and when a day may seem overwhelming.  I know that these were meant to be blessings for my sweet aunts, but I have to say I am the one who is blessed getting to be creative and give them these lovely gifts.
 
Under the Shadow of the Almighty,

 
 


For out of His fullness (abundance) we have all received [all had a share and we were all supplied with] one grace after another and spiritual blessing upon spiritual blessing and even favor upon favor and gift [heaped] upon gift. -John 1:16




Comments

  1. Gorgeous. Glad the e-book inspired you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. How beautiful and how thoughtful.
    And what lovely ideas when we are in need of some inspiration!
    Thanks for posting
    Love, Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

bless me with your heart!

Popular Posts