Blog Walk-About


sweat [ swet ]


moisture on skin: the clear salty liquid that passes to the surface of the skin when somebody is hot or as a result of strenuous activity, fear, anxiety, or illness

state of having sweat on skin: the production or secretion of sweat, e.g. during strenuous activity or illness, or a state of fear or anxiety that causes this [my i.e. during a scorching summer that has not even really officially become Summer - June 20th for those who have no clue when it begins, officially]


Greeting from the Sizzling South,

It's H.O.T! here in the south people, plain and simple.  We are only in the second, uh, make that the third week in June and the sweltering heat has taken over.  Every time we get into the car my daughter begins her summer chant [read moaning and groaning], "I can't breathe, I can't breathe, I can't breathe." 

I say bring it on.  I love the heat.  It's like taking a hot bath. [Literally with all the sweat] It gets the blood flowing and soothes me.  Every time one of my boys complains of the excessive amount of perspiration coming from his body I remind him, "honey, the more you sweat, the more toxins you get rid of."  Sounds vital when I say it, but his empty gaze/groan of "REALLY?" say otherwise. 


I do not, on the other hand, love the humidity.  No matter how you dress you sweat and therefore you are sticky.  Even with the air conditioning on inside our clothes feel like they came out of the dryer a little too soon.  The forecast has no indication of yielding either. The temps are hot, but add in the humidity and you get RealFeel®105° / RealFeel®102°.  Yuck!

So, on these lazy and hot days of summer I am going on a walk, stroll, saunter, amble, tour, wander, trip, through blog world.  I was first inspired by my sweet friend Becky who asked her Facebook friends what was their favorite blog they like to read.  Great question Becky, thanks. [Becky, whom I have know since her birth and babysat when she was little.  She's all grown up now! Love ya Becky].  My answer was The Pioneer Woman. The Woman makes me laugh, inspires me to want to be a photographer and shares the best [non-low-fat] recipes in the world. 

Second, now being a member of the Homeschool Crew, there are so many new friends to meet in blog world.  Consequently, I wanted to share these blogs with you.  I am amazed at the beautiful women I am finding who have such strength and faith as they share their triumphs and struggles in this roller coaster ride of Life.  That leads to our Blog Walk.  A Blog Walk is a fun way to find new blogs that may share a common interest or concern.  My new friend at Mrs. Mandy's Musings was kind enough to pass on this fun idea and my blog was one of ten she selected to feature on her blog.  Thanks 'Mrs. Mandy'!

I have chosen 'Blog Walk - About'.  In this heat and considering the journey it will take us on it just seemed right.  I checked out Urban dictionary and their definition of walk-about just Fit!

Mick found love on his walk-about

"Background: Australian. Given to us by Crocodile Dundee: A spontaneous journey through the wilderness of one's choosing in an effort to satisfy one's itchy feet, a need to be elsewhere, the craving for the open road, that space over the horizon...yes... something like that... you can't quite touch it so you have to go find it because it's... you just know it's there...Or maybe it just feels good to go walking around ...
:wink: Yeah. It's WALKABOUT."


    John Locke found his legs again    


Our walk of course is virtual but the idea is the same.  And in the the spirit of welcoming a new neighbor, I am getting to know some of my new crew-mates from the TOS Homeschool Crew at the same time.  So, here we go.  Join me on this 'Blog Walk-About' and journey through blog-world.  [simply click on the underlined word(s) to access each site]

Mrs. Mandy's Musings  
 A Christian Military wife and homeschool mom two 3 who is using her spontaneity, creativity and craftiness to love, learn and grow in the Lord!

Through the Calm and Through the Storm
A lovely mom of 3, leaning on the Lord know He will never let go of her in the calm and the storms.

Accidentally Homeschooling 
Homeschool mom, married to Mr. Right, who never intended to homeschool but accidently fell in love with teaching her 4 boys. 

Orange Marmalade Mama
Mama to 5 blessings, and helpmeet to her husband, trying to her best to do the Lord's will.

Homeschool Musings
Wife and mother to 3 beautiful children, sharing her creative ideas on organizing and homeschooling.

Tenacity Divine
An eclectic, single mom of 4 pretty wonderful kids who with everything in life "take what is, research it, gather it, examine it, then sort it out and keep what works."

Ben and Me
Wife, mom, and homeschool teacher to her joy, her son, who loves legos, baseball, and star wars.

Closing Time
Homeschool mom to 2 sweet little girls and whose blog is named for the the lullaby written by her hubby.

Reviews and Reflections
One of our fearless captains over at The Old Schoolhouse Crew, stay-at-home, work-at-home, homeschooling mom to 3 great kids who has been married to her husband Brian for 18 years, but they've only had 4 anniversaries...hmmm. 

The Fantastic Five
A place to share my "superhero lifestyle" as I try to solve the world's problems, one day at a time...


I Can't Decide
A very active, creative Mama to 8 children, 6 of which she teaches at home.

Many blessings to my old and new friends,


It is not talking but walking that will bring us to heaven.
- Matthew Henry

Comments

  1. We lived in southern Alabama for a year. I know how you feel. Now I live in the southwest which is also hot but not humid. Thanks for including me on your walk about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy,
    You are a dear, you make me sound so cool and fun, LOL! Thanks for the shout out and I love how you captured each blogger's identity. I hear ya about the heat and humidity, we are in MO and it's bad just opening the door to get the mail let alone actually walking to the box for it. It just sucks away all your breathe! Can't wait for our mini-crew button, fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

bless me with your heart!

Popular Posts